Accounts Assistant Apprentice
35 hours per week
Schott House, Astonfields Stafford but with requirements to visit client premises
We are looking for an apprentice to undertake an advanced Level 3 AAT. You will be required to assist the Managing Director with the internal payroll, bookkeeping and accounts, using the appropriate software, such as Xero.
You will be required to professionally communicate with all colleagues and at times, clients. You will be required to assist in keeping a record of staff hours worked, the number of hours spent on projects, and other statistics, using project management software, to aid the Managing Director.
You will assist in recording and reporting on these statistics via dashboard and reporting tools. You will be required to assist with the NEST pension and salaries for each employee to ensure prompt and accurate payment.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Sales Ledger
- VAT Returns
- Project Costing Analysis
- General Administration
Who are we looking for?
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Previous experience of working within accounts is desirable
- Competent ICT user, including use of Microsoft Packages
- Ability to priorities workload
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Team player with the ability to work on own initiative where required
- Highly organised
- Completes both work related and College tasks in a competent and timely fashion
The Personal qualities
You will have ambition to grow within the practice quickly by proactively taking on diverse responsibilities including VAT Returns, purchase and sales ledger management and provision of payroll.
- Friendly and approachable
- Confident communicator face-to-face, using the telephone and emails
- Team player
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Ideally candidates will hold GCSE grades A*-C (4-9) in maths, English and ICT – or equivalent qualifications, including Functional Skills
OutserveWeb Limited – Company Information
OutserveWeb is a small, agile client focused cloud computing consultancy based in Stafford, serving the needs of clients throughout the West Midlands and beyond.
We differentiate ourselves from other software based companies through our passion and knowledge of new technologies, and the impact and benefits they will have on businesses.
Our philosophy, as a leading software consultancy company, is that IT software should enable our clients to do more with less.
OutserveWeb provides a complete range of integrated software solutions to e-commerce and manufacturing businesses to provide them with complete end-to-end stock and order processing.
OutserveWeb is a Partner with:
The most important attributes for any OutserveWeb team member are:
- Positive attitude
- Professional approach to dealing with clients
- Excellent client facing communication skills
- Flexibility, including the willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to document systems and processes