Apprentice Web developer
Monday to Friday: 9am till 5pm.
Total hours per week: 35.00
Schott House, Astonfields Stafford but with requirements to visit client premises
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting into your supportive mentor, you will be working within a team of 5, where there is a strong emphasis on staff development and training.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will learn how to carry out the following duties:
- Coding application using HTML and CSS.
- Coding and adding additional functionalities to Software and applications.
- Completing internal training for Xero Cloud Software certifications.
- Troubleshooting and identifying problems with Spreadsheets.
- Video conferencing to demonstrate software components and functionalities.
- Software testing and bug fixing.
Full support and guidance will be provided by both the employer and training provider throughout the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- A basic understanding of a programming language would be beneficial
- Good time keeper
- Good IT Skills/Good technical knowledge
- Knowledge of excel would be beneficial but not essential
- Positive attitude and wanting to learn
- Be able to manage time and activities
- A logical thinker and natural problem solver
- Active interest and passion for software development/ programming
- Enjoys coding as a hobby
- Team player
- A good basic level of Maths and English.
- Ideally all candidates will have at least 5 GCSE’s or O Levels at C or above.
- Further and Education is not required but will be taken into consideration.
Summary of Core Attributes Required
|Skills||IT Literate, Problem Solving, Project Management, Ability to learn new skills||Knowledge of WordPress|
|Qualifications||Maths/English C or above||Degree or Higher Level Education|