Data Analyst Apprentice
35 hours per week
Schott House, Astonfields Stafford
Under the guidance of the team manager, you will undertake training in a number of modalities / media to attain a detailed understanding of the cloud based software applications that we offer (mainly Unleashed, but also Shopify, Woocommerce). Working closely with the projects team, you will play an active role on client facing projects which will include inserting data into cloud software, helping clients with any data issues, handling support queries on data issues. Plus other ongoing tasks and responsibilities.
Combined with the role, you will undertake an 18 month Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship. Consisting of contextualised learning with a mixture of online, classroom events and workplace activities. This will demonstrate your Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours in Data Visualisation and Statistics, Data Modelling, Data Analysis, Data Architectures, Data Science and Data Analysis Tools and Concepts.
You’ll also be responsible for any other ongoing tasks and responsibilities, some of which are noted below.
- Using, Google Sheets, Excel, Tableau and PowerBI
- Installing and managing databases
- Familiarisation with SQL commands
- Using Python to do simple statistical analysis
- Understanding and defining problems
- Developing knowledge of data cleansing and standardisation
- Using charts and visualisations in all above software interpreting results
- Documenting and disseminating data
- Complying with the Data Protection Act
- Using data analysis tools to perform statistical functions
- Using 3rd party software API’s to build databases for reporting
Who are we looking for?
- You do not require previous experience but having a keen eye for detail and a positive can-do attitude and commitment to successfully achieving the apprenticeship
- Someone who works well in a team and is confident
- Has a drive to help the business achieve its mission and vision
- A willingness and commitment to learning the role and successfully completing the Data Analyst apprenticeship programme
- Excellent numerical and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Passion for innovation and change within the data environment
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- A valid driving license and use of a car is highly desirable
- Maths & English GCSE at Grade C(or equivalent)AND
- Two A-Levels (One to include Maths, ICT or Economics)or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject or
- BTEC Extended Diploma in IT or
- International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in IT
OutserveWeb Limited – Company Information
OutserveWeb is a small, agile client focused cloud computing consultancy based in Stafford, serving the needs of clients throughout the West Midlands and beyond.
We differentiate ourselves from other software based companies through our passion and knowledge of new technologies, and the impact and benefits they will have on businesses.
Our philosophy, as a leading software consultancy company, is that IT software should enable our clients to do more with less.
OutserveWeb provides a complete range of integrated software solutions to e-commerce and manufacturing businesses to provide them with complete end-to-end stock and order processing.
OutserveWeb is a Partner with:
The most important attributes for any OutserveWeb team member are:
- Positive attitude
- Professional approach to dealing with clients
- Excellent client facing communication skills
- Flexibility, including the willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to document systems and processes